BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »




Listen to par8hed4lifes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

UPDATES which include yet ANOTHER move...

I have become so horrible at updating my blog, but here is our most recent updates...a lot going on, so hang on!!!

First up..CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!
So as this was our first Christmas with Soleil, we wanted her to be in our Christmas card. As most of you know, this is the photo we chose:

However, I wanted to share a few of the other photos that didn't make it. It was a difficult decision, but we were quite pleased with the one we chose! You be the judge:




Next up we have our Christmas that we had with Soleil. We weren't able to see her ON Christmas, so we celebratd with her the week before. She was so much fun to watch open the presents!! Here are just a few photos from that day:














Since then life has gotten CRAZY!!! Winston got a call from a friend of his who was contacted by a recruiter in Maryland. Winston talked more to his friend and asked if they had any addional openings. His friend had the recruiter call Winston the week before Christmas. After many long discussions we decided that this would be an amazing opportunity for us. So he sent in his application. On Christmas Eve Winston got the call that he had been chosen for this position. In his email was an offer letter. What a wonderful Christmas present it was! The next step was for him to enter into a background check/security clearance. We then had to wait two weeks to get the 100% -"YOU'RE IN!" But once that came through, we were thrilled! The hard part was that Winston had two additional recruiters contact him before we got the
clearance back...one was for a QA position in Corpus Christi and the other was for a QA supervisor in Afghanistan! Needless to say, we made the decision to take the job in hand and make the move to Lexington Park, Maryland! Winston will begin working on February 1st and will be doing a job similar to what he did in the NAVY. He will be a helicopter mechanic. Winston's friend, Dave, also got the job and will be moving two weeks after us. Since then, I have given my job a three week notice and my last day at Office Depot will be this Friday, the 22nd. However, I have now had three interviews with Verizon Wireless and if all goes well, I will begin working with them on the 1st as well!

So, lots going on!!!!!

1 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

I'm looking forward to your new blog. I'm also excited for your family's new adventure! Good luck and call me after the big move...and just in case I don't talk to you before the first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love ya, girl