BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »




Listen to par8hed4lifes Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our move to Texas...















Our move to Texas was, surprisingly, a lot of fun!! It was sad to leave our family and friends in Utah, but we were looking forward to starting our new adventure in Austin.
Winston led the way in the Expedition, that was full of items we needed for the move and when we arrived, as well as the dogs, Bailey and Roxy. I followed behind with my car full as well! I thought ahead and rented some books on tape for us to be entertained, since we were in separate cars. I also knew I would be seeing parts of the country that I had never seen before, so I loaded a fresh set of batteries into the camera, and away we went!

The first set of photos, are of Wyoming and include photos of Sudy's (Winston's mom) birthplace, Rawlins, WY. What beautiful scenery. Many parts of Wyoming are moving to wind energy and I was surprised by all of the wind farms we saw!


We ended the day in Aurora, Colorado, where we were hoping to see Angela and her family. However, they were out on a cruise, but they allowed us the opportunity to stay at their home to save money and get some rest. Now, when we lived in San Diego, we had met Seamus, but we hadn't yet met Jasmine. We got to Angela's and went inside where Seamus and Jasmine were happy to have visitors, but were quite perplexed at the two new visitors to their home! We figured out rather quickly, that our energetic dogs were scaring little Jasmine...this was indicated by her frantic trembling! So I picked her up and all was well. Seamus did great! He was still a bit timid, but it seemed like he remembered them almost immediately! Needless to say, the night was great. We left early the next morning, but not before we took a few photos.

We were back on the road, and we knew before the night was over, that we would be in Lubbock, Texas. Where Winston went to school, played football, and met one of his best friends, Sean. I was really excited to get there and learn more about Winston's past and meet Sean. Now, I had spoken to Sean a few times on the phone, but nothing prepared me for the bond that Winston and Sean have. It's amazing. Like they are brothers. It was great getting to meet him. That night, Sean had planned for a small get together with some of Winston's old friends. We ended up taying two days, intead of our planned one.




After we said goodbye to Sean, we were on our way to our new zip code of 78731-Austin, TX. It was about a 7 hour drive from Lubbock, and seemed to be the longest leg of our journey! As we made our way into Austin, we were filled with anticipation about the location of our new apartment--since we got it online! We were pleasantly surprised to learn that it was in the '"hill country" surrounded by beautiful trees and greenery. The apartment is great. The living room is a bit smaller than we anticipated, but we made it work and we are quite happy here.



All in all, the move was a good one. (As far as the journey out here was concerned) The vast amount of open, untouched scenery was breathtaking and I am happy that I have had the opportunity to see it and capture on film.

2 comments:

Angela Henderson said...

I love the pics of all the dogs. Jazmin always trembels its because she has no hair. So Glad you got a blog!

Anonymous said...

Sara,
I am so glad that you posted a blog for me and the family to see and know how you're doing in Austin. I really hope that everything settles down for you and that Winston becomes successful with a job and that your move to Texas is the first adventure of many more to come!

This blog is so cool!